Maria Kezoudi, Post-Doctoral Fellow at CARE-C, delivered a presentation at the EGU Conference 2023 with title: “Profiling Saharan Airborne Dust with UAV-based in-situ Instrumentation during the ASKOS Experiment in Cape Verde”
The Post-Doctoral Fellow at CARE-C of The Cyprus Institute, Maria Kezoudi, participated at the EGU Conference that was held in Vienna, Austria, from 23rd to 28th of April 2023 and delivered an oral and poster presentation on ASKOS UAV-measurements in Cape Verde 2022, with title: “Profiling Saharan Airborne Dust with UAV-based in-situ Instrumentation during the ASKOS Experiment in Cape Verde”.
The presentation focused on the following points:
- Study Sahara dust properties over Cape Verde, Africa, with dust sensors on-board drones
- Investigating whether large particles are observed closer to the ground during night
- Lowest part of atmosphere: was dominated by high relative humidity
- Presence of dust particles and sea salt close to the ground
- Large particles were observed from ground up to 3,500 m Above Sea Level (ASL)
- The Saharan air layer was dominated by clay minerals and silicates
- Measurements will be used for the validation of the AEOLUS satellite products
The EGU Conference was a great opportunity to meet with current collaborators while enhancing the network by making new ones.
More information about the EGU conference: EGU23 – Home