Research Innovation Support Operations (RISO)
The CoE will be operated by the Research and Innovation Support Operations (RISO). According to the Grant Agreement, the Administrative Offices to be established within RISO are: Project Management, Human Resources, IT, Communication & Outreach, Finance & Accounts, Procurement, Physical Infrastructure, Innovation & Business Development, Grants & Tenders Writing.
Operating at the interface between the CYI administration and the new CoE, RISO will contribute to the fast and efficient establishment of the Centre, improve its overall smooth operation by facilitating the workflow with CYI. Therefore, RISO will be structured to enable it to respond in the most efficient way to the CoE’s specific needs, and safeguard its capacity for taking autonomous decisions. This structure encompasses and incorporates “best practices” as implemented by the Advanced Partners, with the goal of reflecting the attributes of a high-performing research organizations, while maintaining a versatile and flexible mode of operation, adapting to the evolving needs and autonomy of the new CoE.
As per the above, in terms of skills and expertise of its members of staff, RISO will be a multi-disciplinary team of experienced administrative staff to:
- Support the writing of competitive research and innovation proposals (Impacts, Implementation).
- Support the coordination of large international consortium and communicate with the funding agencies.
- Manage (administratively and financially) the competitive grants (reporting, deliverable, dissemination).
- Manage and protect IPR (patenting, non-disclosure agreements, etc.) resulting from the development of new products/services.
- Support the training of the CoE research/technical staff on innovation culture.
- Manage and coordinate the Eco-Innovation Cluster (dissemination, exhibition, etc.).